Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Comments for Chapter 6, Page 42

Andrew-david
May 25th, 2017 at 11:01AM
Hey everyone!

The new Journal Series, "Charon's Journal," is now available to read on our website! We'll be posting a new page every Thursday. Visit the "Journal" section to read the first page.

Note that we've been posting these on Patreon for a while now and we're already 25 pages ahead! If you'd like to read along, please consider supporting us by becoming a patron

Thanks and enjoy!
Andrew-david
December 19th, 2016 at 1:22PM
Hey all!

All the Aikonia merchandise in our store is currently 20% off for the holiday season! This includes Volume One, posters, and stickers!

Visit the store and use this code to apply the 20% off discount to your cart: "HOLIDAY016"

And for those of you waiting for new pages: Did you know that we've been posting a page of the new journal series on Patreon while building the buffer for Chapter 7? You can access them by becoming a patron!

Happy Holidays!
Andrew-david
November 26th, 2016 at 12:29PM
Hey everyone!

You can get all Aikonia merchandise with a 25% discount by using the discount code "BLACKCYBER" in our store!

If you haven't picked up Volume One or one of our posters yet, now's your chance! The sale will be ending on Monday, November 28th, at 10PM EST.

Have a wonderful weekend :)
Andrew-david
November 4th, 2016 at 9:21AM
Hey everyone!

Sorry we took so long, but the page is finally shaded properly and is now available for your viewing pleasure!

This page marks the end of Chapter 6. We have some really big plans for Chapter 7 and we can't wait to share them with you!

For Patrons: Thank you all so much for your support! While we take some time to build a buffer of pages for Chapter 7, we plan on keeping you updated with exclusive content. Here are a few things we have planned for you:

• - The series of new journal entries is starting up next week, exclusively on Patreon!
  • - We'll be posting previews of Chapter 7 as we build the buffer
  • - We'll be sharing more bonus content like art timelapses

And don't forget that we're always available to chat on Slack! We'll be posting a few things there and answering some of your questions too! If you're not a patron and would like early access to all these goodies, as well as the new journal entry series, please consider supporting us by becoming a patron on Patreon!

Thank you all and have a wonderful November!
Andrew-david
October 10th, 2016 at 1:32PM
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delay on today's page. Karina couldn't get the shaded/final version of the page done on time, so we decided to just post the flats in the meantime.

You can expect an update with the full-coloured version soon!

Have a wonderful week :)
October 11th, 2016 at 1:31PM
Thanks for not just leaving everyone waiting. The comic looks really good even as a flat. I look foward to chapter 7. Feel free to take your time though, there's very little need to rush :)
(You really need a smiling or happy emotion image that fits better though...smirking works though)
Keep up the good work!
Questionable
October 12th, 2016 at 10:38AM
Agree with Hamkonia.
Thanks for communication :)
Banana Fool
October 20th, 2016 at 4:43PM
Sooooo...?
Weezact7
October 22nd, 2016 at 5:31AM
So, maybe this is just me, but what is Kat's problem? She's like either completely untrusting or totally fine. There's no middle ground. Malleck was totally evil but then he didn't fuck them over once and he's the best guy ever (whether or not that's true is kind of irrelevant). The pirate is just the biggest douche until he tells her about his childhood dream to find magic, then he's basically her bff (that tried to murder them multiple times). Yeigir has been a long time companion, but FUCK him for choking her when he was possessed or some shit. You can't forgive that kind of thing! (and no, I'm not referring to the ropes, that's a sensible precaution, but based on her expression she's still pissed about it possibly hours after the fact).
Weezact7
October 22nd, 2016 at 5:37AM
That is to say, I find Kat's characterization very inconsistent. The pirate's too, but he doesn't get as much screen time so it's not as blatant. I'm very interested in the world of Aikonia and the lore behind it, but I'm finding the characters in the story proper (vs the prequel in the academy) to be either inconsistent or flat. I'm also having some difficulty with the plot. It seems kind of without point or focus right now, but perhaps that's an effect of the slow pace (which I'm not criticizing because sometimes you just aren't capable of dedicating lots of time to what I assume is not the primary source of income for anyone involved with it.)
Hi there...
October 24th, 2016 at 3:52PM
She doesn't necessary look angry though. She looks more unsure of what to do. She has to be uncertain about the best decision to make since she is asking for help. In the previous page, she certainly did look angry though. I guess she composed herself...
November 2nd, 2016 at 1:23PM
I'm with hi there on this one. The look on Kat's face isn't that of someone who is furious or betrayed; it is that of someone who is apprehensive and is desperately trying to figure out what should be done next.
Regardless, why are they going to Malleck? The pirate is probably one of the top 10 magic experts in the world, and that's not considering that he is the only one they can talk to without going 4 weeks to find someone. He should have a better understanding. While it looks like they already tried to figure it out with the pirates info it doesn't explain why malleck is their next choice.
Hi there...
October 24th, 2016 at 3:54PM
What? My emoticon changed... Oh, well. This is what I meant to go with. That will be my face from now on for this website.
Bro
October 29th, 2016 at 9:16AM
no offense to this illustrator or anything but I WANT KATIE BACK! WHY DID SHE STOP?! D:
October 29th, 2016 at 12:16PM
We posted about why she departed at the end of Chapter 3, as well as on our blog.

Here are the links:
- Chapter 3, Page 42
- Blog: End Of Chapter 3 And Katie's Departure
- Blog: An Update On Aikonia's Current Situation
October 31st, 2016 at 1:44PM
Well i suppose it is nice to see that while the updating of Aikonia itself is now kind of a standstill at least the artists are replying to comments. So it's not like it's dead. More like... in stasis. Just don't do the whole update twice per year (see also: vg cats and firmanproductions which is actually dead now) schedule or people will lose interest. Maybe you should post an official schedule change once everything gets organized.
October 31st, 2016 at 1:44PM
Banana Fool
November 2nd, 2016 at 8:19AM
Was that really the least offensive way to make that comment?
November 2nd, 2016 at 1:17PM
I didn't mean to insult or offend anyone, my apologies if I did. I was just speaking my mind, and while I should have given more thought to the way I said it, I had no intention to be condescending or anything. The artists know what they're doing and whatever they do will most likely be fine. I just didn't want to see this comic (which is one of my favorites) fall into oblivion or anything.
Now that I'm thinking about it in depth that will most likely not happen, I've probably just been browsing the comments section too much. I wish I could change some of my comment like should to could and the like...I can see how those things could make me seem rude.
Banana Fool
November 2nd, 2016 at 3:57PM
Not you mate, I was replying to Mr "No Offence But"
November 8th, 2016 at 4:51PM
Ah okay.
Still my own comment was somewhat harsh, so you did (indirectly) give me a chance to clear up any mistakes.
Bro's comment on the other hand was pretty...er...brutally honest?
October 31st, 2016 at 1:46PM
I think my last post just double posted somehow...
Just out of curiosity, is the character Kat named after Katie (who does akward zombie and the first few chapters of this comic)?
November 1st, 2016 at 9:20PM
Yes, actually, I did name Kat (Katherine) after Katie :)
Wanderer
November 3rd, 2016 at 6:21AM
I hope Karina's doing well!!
Karina
November 4th, 2016 at 2:45PM
I'm doing quite well now, actually! Thanks for thinking of me, friend.
The past few weeks have been hectic since I've been on the hunt for a part-time job to help supplement my income and all. I've succeeded, though, which means a whole lot more stability to my life, to be honest~ :)
Bro
November 4th, 2016 at 3:34AM
Banana Pool yea that was not the way i had it planned out in my mind i think this illustrator is doing an AWESOME job
Bro
November 4th, 2016 at 3:35AM
woops i meant Banana Fool
Bro
November 4th, 2016 at 3:52AM
also whats happening to... uhmmm i forgot his name ok whats happening to the orc guy? is there some sorta spirit possesing him? is Enchilada back and is he possesing him?
November 4th, 2016 at 2:57PM
His name is Yegir (You can find all the character names on the Cast page) :P
And I guess you'll just have to stay tuned for Chapter 7 to find out!
Yrtuj6kun
November 5th, 2016 at 8:59AM
now that you mention that page, why is dunstin in that page? he did almost nothing and now he's dead, right?
Yrtuj6kun
November 5th, 2016 at 9:00AM
whoops I meant to reply to Andrew above.
November 5th, 2016 at 11:02AM
He's one of the original members of the adventurer crew. That page does need updating, but we won't be removing characters that were considered main characters, even if they died.

It's the same with Syd, he didn't do much and died very early in the story, but he's still featured among the council members.
Bluhbluh
November 7th, 2016 at 6:02PM
I'm very excited to see what chapter 7 brings! The style of the comic right now is by far my favorite. I'm also really glad to hear Karina is doing well.
November 8th, 2016 at 4:35PM
YAY IT IS SHADED :D
Finally! Now for the buffer period to actually begin...nice to know that karina has stabilized herself so everything can progress more smoothly. Take your time, don't rush. Maybe find guest comics if anyone has one who would like to volunteer. You know, to fill in the gap.
November 8th, 2016 at 4:39PM
Also can we PLEASE not have Patreon exclusive journal entries?
I'm okay if it is something like a choose your adventure on patreon and normal Aikonia is the results, or if there is a week or 2 lag between them (like GamerCat does)...but I really don't like it when an entire section of a series (or a spinoff) is solely for "premium", especially when the orginal one was free.
November 8th, 2016 at 4:45PM
Wait! I have an idea!
When you reach the 250 tier (or maybe 400), release the new jounral entries on normal Aikonia. This will allow you to 1. Raise money for patreon 2. Give people the information they crave even if they don't (I can't say "can't" because it is like 5$) donate. 3. Give those who DO donate the feeling that they are, in fact, getting something big out of it, even if it will become free later on. It's a win-win-win. Please consider this as a way to make both the Patreon people and the free people happy :)
November 8th, 2016 at 6:53PM
Hey! Thank you for the suggestions :)

Although you have nothing to worry about, we've clearly stated on the Patreon page that the milestone will bring along a new journal series and that series will be available to patrons one month before being posted on the Aikonia website. This just means that non-patrons will be about 4 pages behind our patron supporters, that's all.

Although we like what you suggested and we might use that for some other semi-premium content!
November 11th, 2016 at 11:50AM
Yay! *initiate cutest emoticon face possible*
November 8th, 2016 at 4:48PM
Huh...Do you guys live in Hawaii or Oregon or something?
I just calculated the time difference from where I live. Based off of the time the comment is released and the time it is on my clock.
November 8th, 2016 at 6:55PM
We're actually spread out between the PST and MST timezones.
Karina
November 9th, 2016 at 2:14PM
Your guess is actually fairly accurate! I live in Oregon, myself~ :)
November 17th, 2016 at 7:26PM
Well this is going to be basically moe until the next comic comes out isn't it. Take your time though, I don't mind the wait. Some of the disscussions are quite interesting...if only they were slightly more active.
November 17th, 2016 at 7:26PM
Ultra
December 1st, 2016 at 1:54PM
Checking back almost daily. I can feel the new one coming. I CAN FEEL IT!
December 1st, 2016 at 4:08PM
I know how you feel.
...Aw man I can't think of a good pun.
December 1st, 2016 at 5:55PM
Haha, we're on a short break right now while we prepare for Chapter 7! But, in the meantime, we're posting the new series of journal entries on Patreon ;)
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:26AM
Okay take your time. Maybe you could find someone willing to do a guest comic as a tiny interlude.
It is an awesome comic and I can barely wait for the next one :)
December 1st, 2016 at 4:09PM
Oh yeah out of curiosity what is the font used by the comment section? I'm really curious as it looks nice and appropiate for the genre.
December 1st, 2016 at 5:55PM
It's "Georgia" set to italic :)

For future reference: (If you're using Chrome) you can right click on on text and click on "Inspect" to open up the source code in the inspector. Then click on the text element in the inspector and you should be able to see the font family (along with other css properties) in the sidebar.
Yrtuj6kun
December 3rd, 2016 at 9:45AM
yeah, learn to use the developer console, it's very useful for non-developers too. like, on those sites that block an entire page with a modal dialog to force you to do something (like registering) in order to continue to read, you can press F12 (may be Fn+F12) to open the console, select the elements blocking the page and hit Del to remove them.
January 13th, 2017 at 1:18PM
Thanks!
WaterSnail
December 12th, 2016 at 6:28PM
I just wanted to jump out of the shadows for a second to say that I've really enjoyed this series and just wanted to say "hey, thanks for putting in all the work to bring it to us. :D " sooo... hey, thanks for putting in all the work to bring it to us. ð Hope you're all doing wonderfully.
December 12th, 2016 at 9:03PM
Aw! Thank you so much <3
Bro
December 29th, 2016 at 7:42AM
I wanted to say this on the "wizard" arc (that's what i call it) but i started reading recently so no one would see it so here it is:
Magicka: most creative name ever
Bro
December 30th, 2016 at 12:48PM
1 more thing: is Tenora gonna appear again? she was shown once and Solaris freaked out about her and then she was forgotten
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:52PM
She appears in the exclusive mini comic that is included in the physical copy of chapter one (Aikonia Volume One). It's available in our store and you can use the code in the blurb entry above to get a discount ;)
Alice Liddell
January 5th, 2017 at 8:49PM
Man, All of the comics I follow are in a hiatus it makes me like really sad.
Anyone Got any suggestions to fill the time?
January 9th, 2017 at 1:42PM
Some really good ones (3 of which are effectively over)
Homestuck
8 bit theater (AWESOME, but even BETTER if you have played Final fantasy I)
Moe (google firmanproductions.com)
paranatural
Kiwi Blitz
Aikonia- oh wait.
Gamercat (not just for gamers)
Monsterkind
EvilPlan
You should google these as [title goes here] comic with the exceptions of 8 bit theater and homestuck, which are really famous.
January 9th, 2017 at 1:42PM
correction on my emotion ;)(;
Jack
January 16th, 2017 at 5:31AM
There's also Spacetrawler. It's a little dark, with adult references, but it's a complete only story.
Jack
January 16th, 2017 at 5:32AM
Hey, what's with the emoticons?
Squirtle Fair
January 16th, 2017 at 7:37AM
I recommend The Boy Who Fell! http://www.boywhofell.com/
It's one of my all-time favorites. :3
Squirtle Fair
January 16th, 2017 at 7:37AM
I recommend The Boy Who Fell! http://www.boywhofell.com/
It's one of my all-time favorites. :3
Alice Liddell
January 19th, 2017 at 8:19AM
Thanks for all the suggestions ya'll.
I have Finished Homestuck, been a loyal follower of it since it started, and I've also read Awkward Zombie and Gamercat.
Bro
January 7th, 2017 at 4:50AM
have you read Awkward Zombie? It's a gaming webcomic by Katie Tiedrich, the illustrator of the first 3 chapters
Jack
January 16th, 2017 at 5:33AM
Strange, the emoticon that shows up isn't the one I selected.
January 16th, 2017 at 6:48PM
*MAGIC*
January 16th, 2017 at 6:48PM
*MAGIC*
January 16th, 2017 at 6:48PM
Odd double postss...
...
May 16th, 2017 at 9:09AM
Magic, magic, magic, maaagiiic...
Skye
January 18th, 2017 at 10:30AM
Soooo where the heck is our new chapter? Sorry guys but I'm done reading. I'm sick of waiting for a chapter that may never come.
The Doctor called
January 19th, 2017 at 1:33PM
Patience, young padawan.
...If you think the poeple here are bad, look at helvetica. (6 months and countin'). Or Moe (How long has it been? 2 years?).
Hi there...
January 21st, 2017 at 5:39PM
Asmundr, Off-White, Miamaska, Galebound, and Mias and Elle.
January 25th, 2017 at 1:21PM
Huh?
Hi, there...
January 26th, 2017 at 11:50AM
Oh, sorry! It was just some comics that I really like. I was just throwing it out there. I could have afforded to be more clear, my bad! ;P
Why
February 6th, 2017 at 7:27PM
It February why is it taking so long :(
Ultra
February 18th, 2017 at 9:43AM
It's been a while, is everything all right on your end?
KC
March 20th, 2017 at 12:57AM
Mid-March now, and...?
Can we at least have an update on "nothing's happening"? The promised journal has yet to materialize as well.
Moose
March 22nd, 2017 at 10:53AM
they've been posting the journal entries on patreon, it looks like, this entire time. we're just sitting and waiting until whenever
Theminemanner2
April 6th, 2017 at 6:54PM
Does anyone else think the council member robes look kind of like the Thalmor robes? They're probably thinking about striking down some Talos worshipers.
RSL
April 13th, 2017 at 12:11PM
I've been reading this comic since it started. Back then it was supposed to be a promotion for a videogame that apparently was being designed. Not only did such a videogame never arrive (failed project I imagine), but now even the comic seems to have been on a terminal stage for 1 or 2 years. Sad state of affairs really, it's good that I'm used to web-artists being a dissappointment.
Hi there...
April 16th, 2017 at 9:21PM
Awww, that's a little harsh.
April 17th, 2017 at 6:10PM
Actually, we posted this page on November 4th, 2016. The comic has been on hiatus for 5 months, not "1 or 2 years." We've all been very busy with our personal lives, so working on the 7th chapter of Aikonia is impossible right now, unfortunately, but we've been posting the new journal series on Patreon every Thursday.

As for the game: We've posted several times about it either in blurb entries, on social media, or on our blog throughout the years. It was moved to the back-burner when the comic grew in popularity and became its own thing. We transferred the comic’s ownership to the Aikonia team (Corina, Karina, Ira, and myself) in an attempt to separate it from MADSOFT and not have the company interfere with the comic.

When the Aikonia game project is eventually brought back, MADSOFT will indeed be in charge of developing and publishing it, but it will no longer be what it originally was. The comic is now leading the charge and the game will be based on the comic and its universe, rather than the comic being nothing more than promotional media for the game.

We're sorry that we can't put our lives on pause or magically fix whatever obstacles are in our way for the sake of providing you with *completely free* comics. If you'd like to help us out, supporting us on Patreon would be so much more helpful than complaining.
Karina
May 18th, 2017 at 1:16PM
I'm seconding everything that has been said by Andrew-David here. We're all just extremely busy trying to get and 'keep' our lives in a stable place, whether it be via our day jobs, personal responsibilities, and/or managing the gauntlet that is the US government assistance programs -- that last one is specifically only me, though! Things are rough now for everyone and Aikonia will come off hiatus when that has changed for the better.

If any fans and readers would like to keep up with my current happenings, stay in contact with me, or otherwise know what Karina is up to, you can find me at Tumblr @Riftytale .

I've also recently launched a Patreon of my own that gives Patrons early access to my SFW personal/commission art, full-resolution versions, priority updates on gamedev projects, exclusive timelapse videos, and more for as little as $1/month. There's some pretty sweet perks for the higher tiers, as well, though!

You can find it @ https://www.patreon.com/karinamweber/
Hi there...
April 16th, 2017 at 9:22PM
What the heck? My emoticon changed. Whatever. This is what it was supposed to be.
Blep
May 6th, 2017 at 12:38PM
Hello! I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this comic, and it means a lot that you guys still respond to comments. I'd much rather you take your time when making the comics, especially since they've been high quality, and I really like the current art style! :)
May 7th, 2017 at 9:45AM
Thank you! Glad you've enjoyed the comic so far :)
Sam
May 9th, 2017 at 8:40AM
I have no idea on why I read from chapter 1 page 1 to here, IN UNDER AN HOUR!!!

Also gimme page 43!!!!